I have missed blogging with the move and it's time to recap... I am viewing this as my therapy. Don't get me wrong--there are many things I love about Idaho. I can be happy here.
But
I am missing a lot about Naperville. First of all, I miss my friends and my kids' friends. After being here, I am realizing how fortunate we were to live in such a terrific area that had so much to offer. I really miss my ward and the church in Naperville. I remember hearing that no other ward is like Naperville 2nd and I'm beginning to think there's some truth to that.
I miss being known. I love knowing every teacher and secretary in the schools, the checkers at the grocery store, the nurses in my doctor's office, and all the neighbors on my street.
I know it takes time, but through pictures, you'll see how blessed we were and all that we left.
Friends in Harmony
I didn't even know how much I loved to perform.
"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"
I sure miss these ladies. They made me a better person and I felt my talent improve just brushing shoulders with them. I get emotional every Tuesday morning knowing they are singing without me.
Braxton in The Music Man
This play got rave reviews from the papers saying it was equal in quality to the traveling professional groups! It blew me away that I was watching a high school production. Braxton and a few of his stellar musical fellow freshman made this prestigious group.
| Braxton and Akshay - a dynamic duo |
Lizzie in her kindergarten spring musical.
She is turning into a performer herself. She had the best facial expressions to go along with each song. She really feels it, more importantly, she enjoys each song.
| Lizzie invited her dad to be her dance partner. |
Emma Performs
Young Naperville Singers!
She got to sing at the college auditorium.
She was on a dance team that performed "Jail House Rock" by Elvis. So cute!
Emma was also in the musical "Oz" where she played in the chorus and the Barrister.
![]() |
| My Drama Diva |
The Fine Arts Festival
This is something I'll miss dearly! It's so busy with 5-6 performances throughout the day and art exhibits lining the halls, but I love it.
Evan was a star on the cello and in his choir.
Braxton and Carter also performed in their choirs, but I can't get the videos to upload. Bummer!
Emma had art on display
Then came awards...
Braxton got the Wildcat of the Year with a handful of other freshman (3 of which were LDS!) This was an amazing ratio since there are only 5 out of 1600.
Carter was voted to receive the Citizenship Award for those Patriots who exemplify the characteristics of what a Good citizen/Patriot should have.
| Another interesting fact: 5 of the recipients played on the same basketball team, and 3 on the same soccer team. Good Kids! |
Carter with his teacher, Mrs. Vasquez
Soccer
Carter's team made a ton of improvement over the last 3 years. They became better players, better friends, and a better "team."
The Piano Kids
I sure do miss these terrific kids! Some of them are my own, but the ones I didn't birth I grow to love very quickly and easily. I love watching children gain a love and appreciation for music while developing a talent. This recital was one full of tears of sorrow that I won't be able to continue with them, but also tears of joy as my heart was bursting with pride watching them perform in front of 30 people. They'd worked hard and deserved the attention and applause that they received.
More Performances...
Emma sang at a nursing home and even had her activity days group come watch! So fun!
Carter's elementary school had a final concert. Mrs. Burck is a fun, energetic teacher!
The 5th graders also had a musical production surrounding the Civil War.
5th Grade Graduation...
Class Buddies: Carter, Jake, and Jonathon










1 comment:
You're back! To blogging that is...I wish Naperville (sigh) You are truly missed here, but I can't wait to read more about your Idaho life!
Post a Comment