Day 2 of the Move entailed a ton of driving. We drove from Omaha, Nebraska to Rapid City, South Dakota--530 miles. I try to have something every day for the kids to see or do, so our point of interest on this beautiful Tuesday was Winter Quarters, IA. I love this visitors' center. The Temple and neighboring cemetery have a palpable hushed peace that even my kids felt.
This statue moves me to tears. I am in awe of the sacrifice and devotion these early saints showed on a daily basis. What testimonies!
My kids can't complain anymore about sharing beds!!!
or pushing a lawn mower!!!
Eating out is such a luxury for these boys. They acted like Jimmy John's was Ruth's Chris Steakhouse!
We ate at this teeny hole-in-the-wall joint in the middle of nowhere that had decent ratings on Yelp--one of Steve's loves. It was good, but Braxton, especially, loved the signs hanging on the walls. This was his favorite: Things to do Today--Wake Up, Eat Ice Cream, Take a Nap, Repeat.
That evening we got to the hotel with an hour to spend in the pool. The girls had been playing for about 20 minutes near me when I realized 2 teenage girls in bikinis had made their way over to talk with Evan. He had a grin on his face even as he fell asleep.
Did I mention we were in the car for over 7 hours?



No comments:
Post a Comment