Two years ago, Halloween 2011, Emma was Rapunzel. He had this gorgeous, long, wavy blonde hair. She was the perfect Rapunzel--no wig required. As soon as Trick-or-treating was over, she couldn't stop talking about donating her hair to Locks of Love. That Friday, she donated 16 inches.
This year we had a little de ja vu. Emma was enduring her long hair because since June, she knew she was going to be Taylor Swift for Halloween. Her debut as the popstar was over. It was time. She wanted it short and I wanted a bob between her chin and shoulders. I even discussed it with the hair stylist.
Here she is before...
They put the hair in 3 ponytails, 1 on each side and 1 thick one in the back.
She cut one side ponytail and the back. I knew the other side's rubber band was in a different spot and should have spoken up, but I thought the lady would see the height difference between the sides before sawing off the other side of hair. Nope.
I was told she would just put in a few layers to give her some added body. Sure. Fine.
We ended with this. Now, it's darling. Emma LOVES it! But it is definitely not below her chin.
After 2 years, Emma was able to donate another 14 inches. Is that crazy? I wish my hair grew that fast! I am so proud of her for doing this! What a great way to give!







No comments:
Post a Comment