
Evan is #63 at the end on the right.
Saturdays used to be days for catching up on sleep, snuggles with my hubby and kids, yardwork, housework, shopping, movies, dessert, etc. No more. We spend hours in the car going to and from games and hanging out on sidelines. I have started posting our day's schedule on the refrigerator so that everyone knows who is going where, with whom, and when. Steve and I are so grateful that our kids WANT to participate in sports and are enjoying themselves, but it is still exhausting. We also are thankful to Tivo and the chance it provides us to watch the BYU games after we are home and settled. Emma is becoming quite a little cheerleader (much to the chagrin of her mother) and Lizzie keeps attempting to join Carter's soccer team (atta girl!) when her mom is a little too engaged in the game and forgets to constantly have an eye on her. The gorgeous weather has made it a pleasant experience to cheer the boys on; however, the future holds a few changes. Gotta love it! Go team!



4 comments:
Gotta love all that soccer. I have flashes of our home videos taping Wade's soccer games and all you can hear is Mom and Dad yelling, "Matt, get out of the street! Matt, get off of that car! Matt, get off the field!" The joys of keeping track of toddlers.
You know you're a real family when...you spend all weekend at your kid's events! Right?! Ok, ok, I know I keep changing the ending of that sentence as my family grows. Way to let your kids be involved even though it means you go to EVERYthing. :)
I am so feeling your pain. Saturdays at our house have become especially fun with Scott involved in soccer and track...Ian and Car are also both in soccer. I signed Ryan up for a new U5 league, but pulled him out because it was just too much. Sigh.... Still, I don't think I would have it any other way. You know, I never have to take sleeping pills--somehow I drop right off to sleep when my head hits the pillow at night! Hooray for motherhood! (And hooray for them growing up and going off to college someday!)
Go Bird Boys!!!
Nice goal Carter!
Zack and I wonder if we will ever get our Saturdays back.
Oh well, we love watching Ty play and Lori and Bryn cheer him on.
Post a Comment