I have been thinking a lot about being optimistic. I don't know if it's my age, economy, or the fact that the number of people I know continues to grow, but so many friends, relatives, neighbors (us) seem to have major trials going on in their lives right now. Today I realized that Lizzie has changed her word for getting out of her high chair at the table from "Down" to "Up." Of course, my mind immediately went to Jerry Seinfeld's stand-up routine that my sweet brother had me listen to on a CD nearly a decade ago. Jerry observes that as a kid, everything is "up." Kids are always saying, "Wait up!" "Hurry up!" On the other hand, we adults are "down"--"Sit down!" "Settle down!" "Calm down!" "Quiet down!"
I'm grateful for this balance in the universe. I'm so grateful for my kids to give me reasons to smile and have hope each day. They keep me finding things to be "up" about.
6 comments:
My sis-in-law is doing this thing this year where we all pick a word. My word is balance. maybe your is optism!
Love the thoughts. Thanks.
I think my word is breathe....by the way, I'd like a heads up before you post naked photos again! Sheesh! :)
My eyes, my eyes!
You have always been very positive to me Kori! Your little Lizzie is a sweetheart! They grow up way too fast...I am also trying to be positive, mostly about the fact that I can never get anything done-like updating my blog. Oh well. I am definitely enjoying the moments!
Could Lizzy be any cuter?! You and Steve make such beautiful kids. I love Jerry Seinfeld's stand up on this subject! Wade and I listen to it and still cry as we laugh. Thanks for reminding me of it. Great post!
Grant laughed out loud and screamed "LIZZY!" when we saw her picture. What a doll. Thanks for helping me to be optimistic and to always see the positive side of life!
Post a Comment