Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter



What a fun and wonderful weekend! Our school district gave us Good Friday off, so we got to sleep in a bit, and have a break. We also had a fun book club discussion with our children where we talked about Fablehaven, a wonderful captivating story that I have really enjoyed reading along with my kids. That night, we went to a program at our church called A Walk With Christ, where we were taken on a "tour" of Christ's life (birth, ministry, last supper, atonement, crucifiction, empty tomb, and resurrection). It was wonderful and reminded us of the reason we celebrate Easter. Saturday morning was a fun primary activity/service project/egg hunt. Of course, 3 soccer games were also going on simultaneously, so there was a lot of hit & miss. All 3 boys played well and had fun. That afternoon, Steve was gone to stake meetings so I alone got to monitor the dying of eggs; therefore, I have no pictures. I rushed out the door to leave Braxton in charge of ALL 5 so that I could meet Steve for the Sat. night adult session. My worries came to life as I heard Michael Buble singing to me through my phone. Lizzie had thrown up because she'd eaten too much licorice and candy AND the paper towels were gone due to the spills during the easter egg dying festivities. Well, the boys handled everything fairly well. We just got to bed VERY late. We awoke earlier than desired to a beautiful, brisk morning, Easter baskets, and 100 eggs hidden all over the house. Each child chose their color to find, which made the hunt a tremendous success!

For breakfast, I made "Empty Tomb Rolls", which were really fun for the kids. The rolls (or buscuits are baked with a large marshmallow inside. The marshmallow leaks out during the baking leaving an empty center or "tomb." I got major points with the boys and my hubby for that one! After stake conference, we had a delicious dinner, NAPPED, played with our new badminton rackets and birdies, games, and ate more chocolate! I even made deviled eggs for the first time--and they were a huge hit! We also have adopted our good friends' tradition of "egg rolls." Everyone chooses an egg they dyed and you roll them towards your opponent's egg. Whoever has the egg that does not crack wins that roll. The winner keeps rolling until he cracks. We had a great time. Emma's egg was the champ until Braxton's pink one came along and reigned.


Even Lizzie got in on the action!

The day ended with talking to/skyping with grandparents and a game of Apples to Apples Jr. I just have to say that I can't get through a game without laughing because Evan thinks he is so funny when he plays this game. There is no greater sound than his gut laugh. I love it!

3 comments:

The Stradling Family said...

Love the pictures. And I am SUPER impressed that Braxton handled babysitting for everyone. He is amazing!

Mandi said...

I love the egg rolls! What fun!

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

Okay, I can't believe you rolled or should I say "egg rolled" that all into one weekend! Holy Cow! I was grateful to my neighbor who invited us over for Easter Dinner or else would would've been eating cold cereal or something...Way to be super mom! Cute pictures, too!
We haven't tried Apples to Apples Jr. Maybe we will! I hope my kids aren't reading this blog...they will want to move in with you! Ha!
Moriya