On March 27th, Emma was the lead singer at her High School Musical party. All of the guests received microphones and "cool" sunglasses. We played Freeze dance, musical chairs, boolah-boolah (hot and cold with a song from Steve's childhood), bingo, and I even taught the girls how to do the wave. Emma chose pizza, carrots, and apples for lunch and then we had cupcakes on sugar cones to make edible microphones. I think we all had a great time. Emma loves all of her presents! She got a birthday barbie, tinkerbell dress, Gabriella doll and HSM sticker book, bubbles, games, jewelry, and tons of dress-up stuff. Her friends definitely know her well. We have played "Pretty, Pretty Princess" at least a dozen times so far and Carter seems to be the reigning champion. I'm not worried...yet.:) When I asked Emma her favorite part of the party, she said it was dancing with her friends and opening her presents. She keeps telling me that she's super big now. She shouldn't have to take naps or rests. I beg to differ. Why is it that when we are told to take naps, we resist; when we want them as grown-ups, we can't have them? Life is so funny. I'm grateful that Emma likes singing and music that even her mom can enjoy. I'm also extremely grateful for my terrific neighbor, Debbie, and good friend Renee, for helping out. Emma's wonderful daddy was behind the scenes cooking all of the pizzas for us while we played. Thanks, honey! The boys were so bummed that we had the party without them, so we got to repeat a lot of it after they got home. We were party animals!
2 weeks ago


4 comments:
I want you to know, we all use to think "boolah-boolah" was made up by the Bird's, there was no way it could be real. Then one day on reality TV I saw someone singing the same song! Apparently, our parents weren't the original singer/songwriters :)
P.S. Super cute b-day ideas, I can't wait until i have some nieces so have fun parties like that
-Erika
Such a fun party! PS: she is super big now!!!
Kori I was very surprised to hear that you played "boolah-boolah"! We played that as a family growing up for our activity for FHE. I was sure that was a game my parents had made up. Nice to know we weren't the only ones playing it! Sounds like Emma had a great Birthday!
Suzanne
Post a Comment