Emma Marie turned 4 years old today. I can hardly believe it! She is such a fun little girl. Not only is she super tall, gorgeous with natural soft ringlets in her hair, a talent for singing on pitch (since she was a year and a half), but she can run and climb with any boy, burp with the boys, and flirt with them so that they ask her to be their best friend numerous times in a day (I was a witness Tuesday at preschool!!!). Today she requested donuts, scrambled eggs, bacon, and juice for breakfast. Nice. Steve was wishing she could choose breakfast every day. We opened up Mom and Dad's present, which she picked out at least 6 weeks ago. It was a Tinkerbell dress with a bag of green jewelry and fancy shoes to match. Isn't she beautiful all dolled up? And that's on her way to swimming lessons!
She also received all a 4-year old princess could want: a pink princess sweatshirt, sleeping beauty polly pockets,3 princess coloring/painting books, phone calls, phone messages, and even a TJMaxx (her favorite store) gift card. Hilarious!
One of her good friends, Katelyn, came over for lunch and a playdate to make the day extra special. They were so cute dressing up! What photogenic girls! One funny story about these 2...Katelyn's mom and I have been friends for a long time and were both pregnant together. We decided to go walk the mall to induce these babies. I went into labor within a few hours; Katelyn was born a few weeks later.:) Today we had a good laugh remembering what we were doing 4 years ago.


Emma is having a party on Friday with a fancy High School Musical cake. All of my children love to challenge me in this area. I think I'm up for it; but I couldn't make it for today and she HAD to have a special dessert from mom today. So, we made sugar cookies in the shape of bunnies and chicks. As long as there was pink frosting available, Emma was thrilled. We put 4 candles in the middle of that pink rabbit, sang our hearts out, and she made her wish. Tonight as I was putting her to bed, she thanked Heavenly Father that it could be her birthday today, requested that she have another one tomorrow, and help her have a good night's sleep. Considering she was out within 3 minutes, I think today was a pretty good birthday. We love you, Emma!
4 comments:
so cute. i'm glad that she had a good day!
What a unique girl - she's so awesome! I love that she burps even though I'm sure you're not so glad. Happy Birthday, Emma!
happy happy Emma! Kori, you write such great updates! Fun to get a glimpse into what's going on in your world! Thanks!
So cute! Katelyn had a blast sharing her birthday with her. I can't wait to see the pics of the party!
4 years! WOW!
Post a Comment