As we drove around Utah, especially along I-15, my children were in awe at the amount of church steeples they saw and temples they could find. So, Steve and I decided to take a little temple scavenger hunt after church on Sunday. We were able to visit 5 temples and then added Provo on Monday. We had a marvelous time! After the 3rd one, Lizzie was even getting into it shouting, "Temple! Temple!" "I see it!" I hope this little experience touched them as much as it touched me. A few years ago in our stake, we had a theme of "Twenty Temple Touches" in memory of the 20th anniversary of the opening of the Chicago, IL temple. Each person was supposed to do 20 things ("temple touches") that year to help them think of, serve in, or get closer to the temple. I had taken a picture of our family actually touching the Nauvoo, IL temple and displayed it in the house. This fun activity reminded me of those same feelings I had when I'd look at that picture and think of the tremendous blessings we have because of our temple covenants--particularly of a family sealed for eternity.
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment