Sunday, July 19, 2009

Trip to the West Cont.

After having a marvelous time with the Birds, we met up with my grandparents in Springville, where my kids were exposed to the artistic talents of my grandma, vast knowledge of cool things like cannons and wars of my grandpa, and the sweet attention of both of them. My wonderful Uncle Von allowed us to have a little reunion with a few of my cousins and aunts and uncles. What a great time we had catching up! I have some wonderful cousins who took my kids under their wings and kept them entertained for hours! Thanks! The next day was a visit to Raging Waters, a waterpark I used to go to when I was a kid. Everyone had a great time, except that my Dad threw his back out on a ride. BUMMER! They were great babysitters (Lizzie had a slight fever and slept most of the day) so that I could enjoy the rides with my kids. That night took us to Elko, NV.

It was sure fun to be back. My dad checked all of our eyes (Braxton, Steve, and I all had to get new glasses), I got my hair cut, and then the boys got to go shooting guns. It was unanimous that they all liked the 22 rifle better than the bb-gun and the shotgun. Shocker. We had a little park playdate with the McCarreys and Nisbets. We miss them! We sure love these people! The next few days brought rides on the ATV, a lunch date for a steak sandwich at a Basque restaurant (Mmmmm), Ice Age 3, Wingers, Matt & Becca (you're AWESOME), hiking up to Island Lake where the boys camped overnight and the girls hiked down for a chick flick and hot fudge cake, ice-blocking, fireworks, and more visits with friends & neighbors.

Sunday night was full of tears and they kept flowing through the morning as we were all saying our good-byes. Carter said we needed to visit more often because Grandpa needs a buddy to do boy-things. Four years is definitely too long. I appreciate the work my parents put in to having my large family come visit.



1 comment:

The Nisbets said...

It was WONDERFUL to see all of you! Thank you for taking time with us while you were in town. Miss you lots! Glad we have modern technology to keep us somewhat "in touch!"