Saturday was our annual ward Trunk or Treat. It's always a fun event--and I didn't have to plan it this year! Everyone brings soup along with rolls or juice. I made chicken noodle with a fun package of halloween -shaped noodles (bats, spiders, pumpkins, witches). Yummy! I think Steve and Braxton had 3 bowls! It was a good reward for the work I had to put in to some of these costumes. The girls were easy. Lizzie "Tinkerbell" wore one of Emma's dress-up costumes with a safety pin in the back. Emma "Strawberry Shortcake Princess" chose her costume a month ago and I just had to buy it online. Braxton is Harry Potter this year, and we were able to borrow a friend's costume. Carter is Paul McCartney. He's found a love for the Beatles after playing Beatles Rock Band and had to be their "normal" lead singer. :) (John Lennon is a little over the top for him, I guess. Although my dad thought Carter would be a good Ringo Star. ) My wonderful, creative Evan is Darth Shadow, a Star Wars character found on the video game "Star Wars, the Force Unleashed." This took a little research, cutting, and sewing on my part having never played any star wars video games, but I think we came close. Evan was happy and that's all that mattered. Aren't they cute!

I wanted to dress up as a couple with Steve this year since last year's Flinstones were so cute and fun. However, my best-laid plans weren't panning out. With a limited budget (and a conscience) I was at a loss as of Friday morning. A good friend suggested Steve as Peter Pan to go along with Tinkerbell. Great idea, but I was fearful of finding a costume and more importantly, green tights in a XXL within 24 hours...I have had people request it, though, for a future Halloween. That sparked my creative juices and we went as Wendy and John. Both costumes required sewing, so from 10:00pm-4:00am, I pieced together a white nightshirt and blue nightgown. This is a big deal because I am NOT a seamstress. All I sew are Halloween costumes, but they turned out so great, I may have to experiment a bit more. Anyways...Steve found the wig and hat and glasses for us. Other than my hair being a little on the vivacious side, I thought we were a pretty cute set.

Lizzie took the award for being the
cutest at the party! I believe she was made to be a Tinkerbell with the cute little body, the blonde hair, and even the feisty personality.
5 comments:
You guys all looked great and I can't believe your sewing prowess! You are amazing.
Such fun costumes! I love your ideas :-)
Up 'til 4 AM? To make costumes for adults? You are psychotic.
i cannot believe that you did that all last minute. after all the costume work I did this week... ugh that is just crazy!
So cute. Love the picture of John and Wendy and tink! So cute.
Your family is fun.
It is so great how seriously your family takes Halloween. Inspiring! And what a good-looking group.
Post a Comment