Emma is becoming more and more comfortable with writing utensils. Not until she started kindergarten did she ever really like to write or even color. She's been able to read for over a year, but write, draw, and color? Those were not her strengths--at all. She's been working on it and is really improving. In the last few weeks, I have been receiving notes and drawings on a daily basis. I'm even able to guess what she's drawing for me. Last Saturday, I was invited to speak at the stake women's conference. Steve was at a swim meet with the boys, so Braxton was babysitting for over 4 hours. Apparently, when Steve checked in on them for 10 minutes around noon, they were still in their pajamas. He must have said something because Emma took matters in her own hands and made checklists for everyone. I'm finding them everywhere now--bathroom, bedroom, on the stairs, taped to the kitchen chairs, etc. I guess she did get something from me-a love for checklists and that feeling of accomplishment when you actually get to check something off.
"Brush teeth. Drink water. ACT. Go to bed now! I want you to do it!"
2nd one on right says, "Bed time for Evan, Lizzie, Carter, Emma, Braxton. Brush are (our) teeth.
Dringk uv wotr. Put on PJs. Go to BED."

Last Sunday, instead of taking a nap, she made place mats for each member of our family. They all had pictures of Emma with that individual. Too cute! They were also very well taped to the table. :) Below is a close-up of Steve's. He's looking tanner than usual.

3 comments:
I think I need an "Emma placemat"! They would brightn any day.
How funny! What a cutie!
How cute! I love the motivational comments!
Post a Comment