We have had a small outbreak in our house over the last 2 weeks. Emma came down with the flu first. Lizzie got it next. Next was Evan with Strep, then me, then Carter. Braxton is always healthy as a horse. Now Carter and I have colds with pent up anger raging against us. We look awful and my voice seems to not want to return. At church (yes, I think I'm indispensable), Emma asked that I sing really softly because I didn't sound very good. Thanks, babe.
Emma had been functioning normally for nearly a week, but this has taken a bigger toll on her than we all thought. She'd asked for a playdate on the way home from school. While getting her brothers their after-school snack/mini-meal, I looked over and found her sound asleep on the couch. No playdate today. She needed extra sleep. She thinks she can run with the big boys, but her 5 year old body is reminding me that she still is 5 (or 5 1/2 as she likes to correct anyone and everyone). It'll be interesting to see how long it takes Carter and I to bounce back. Evan? Well, he got an antibiotic for the strep and within 24 hours he's back to bouncing off the walls. He did sleep in until 7 am this morning, though. Maybe he still needs a little re-energizing as well. I am not used to my family (or myself) being sick. I take for granted our usual health. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually miss feeling good enough to exercise.
1 comment:
Get better soon! You don't have time to be sick.
Post a Comment