Saturday, January 22, 2011

Braxton's Birthday

Braxton informed me at 7:00am January 7th, that he was officially a teenager that day. Unbelievable! Am I old enough to have a teenager? It seems like yesterday when I was teaching him his ABCs and playing zoo and superheroes with him. Well, whether I like it or not, he's growing into a wonderful young man. Braxton is 13 and as of Saturday, in a size 13 shoe. He loves food, reading, food, soccer, food, basketball, food, music, food, and scouts. :)

I wasn't very creative on the cake, but it tasted great!


Braxton chose to invite some friends over for pizza and go to a movie. They got to see Tron at the IMAX in 3D. He loved it!

He's amazed at the generosity of our family!

Braxton's friend, Josh, picked out this beautiful bag filled with candy just for him. He is still working on the candy and has kept the bag in his room because it makes him laugh every day when he comes home from school and walks through his door. Despite specific instructions to not bring gifts, his friends all brought something--a card, cookies, candy, etc. He's lucky to have such great supportive friends.
A few weeks ago, as Braxton was holding the door for a friend of mine, she said to me, "Can I borrow him for a while?" Other ladies have told me of the compliments he has given them and the kind acts they've witnessed him doing. I am so grateful to have Braxton in my family. He's a great example of tremendous faith and obedience. I am nervous to have him grow up, but more excited to see what he can accomplish.

No comments: