Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Year's

Happy 2011! I am a little relieved to have 2010 over and am looking forward to what 2011 will bring. To make the occasion a lot more fun, we invited a few families over to bring in the New Year with us. The more, the merrier! It was really casual, but we had great conversation, great food, and played "Would you Rather..." again. I couldn't believe that everyone made it to midnight, except for 1 baby.
Allen is always entertaining.

Around 11:50, Lizzie started melting. She started crying when the poppers were going off and couldn't stop until she was in bed around 12:30. Poor thing!
5-4-3-2-1-HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hugs & kisses for everyone!
Steve even found me to give me a kiss!
I love that tradition!
My buddy, Grant, loved the noisemakers! He's such a doll!
New Year's Day was a day of work, church, and unplanned plumbing emergencies. So, at 7:00, we went out to dinner and used a money gift from Grandma Jex. Our children have decided that Old Country Buffet is their favorite restaurant because there are so many choices, and they can get their own ice cream out of the machine. Luxury! I had never been and they really wanted me to have this experience. It was OK, but my favorite was watching my kids "oooh", "aaaah", and "mmmmm" their way through dinner. What a crack-up.

1 comment:

The Stradling Family said...

Cute posts. I'm glad that you are getting caught up on your pictures. :)