Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas Day 2010

They really were excited, but Steve made them sing, "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" before they could come downstairs. Meanie!
Emma got a version of an American girl doll complete with a wardrobe containing 3 outfits, an ipod, and primping tools.

Lizzie got a version of an American Girl Doll, too, named Katelyn who loves to ice skate. She had to have blonde hair and blue eyes--just like Lizzie.
The boys wanted Steve to try the ripstick. He did better than I! I couldn't figure it out, but Evan took only a few seconds and he was riding it all around my hardwood floors for the entire Christmas break.
Evan got a camera! It's been fun to watch him use photography as a medium to express his creativity. Nearly everyday he is organizing a shot that makes him look like he's got a Harry Potter wand with a light on the end (Luminos!) or a plasma ball (from Sorcerer's Apprentice) floating in between his hands. Pretty creative kid!
Carter received an Ipod shuffle, which he listens to regularly and sings to at the top of his lungs. He hits notes, just not all the right ones. :)

Braxton got quite a few clothing items, since he's grown out of everything from last year. His only requests were Rick Riordan's "Lost Hero" book and Star Wars Force Unleashed II Wii game. He was pretty happy with Christmas this year. Our Grandma Bird did well sending all the kids BYU shirts.

Grandma & Grandpa Alleman got Emma a Justin Beiber CD. She loves it! I catch her singing and dancing on top of her bed all the time. Her brothers, on the other hand, think it's the worst gift anyone could have given to her. :) I'm glad her room gives her "sanctuary" protection.

We got this new game, which has been a lot of fun to play. While the girls were napping, we gathered the boys and had a ball. Some of us had to act out some things that put the rest of us in stitches. Carter had "Goof" written on his forehead in red lipstick and had to keep his mouth open for 2 turns in order to advance to the next round.
I was bustin' a move, showing off my breakdance moves for 45 seconds. I discovered that I still can do the worm (only backwards) and I've definitely still got "it."

Christmas night we have a tradition of sleeping under the Christmas tree lights in our sleeping bags, listening to one last Christmas story, and talking about our favorites during the season. I love this tradition and look forward to it nearly as much as Christmas morning.
This was my view behind the tree as I sat on the couch reading a story to the kids. Aren't those icicles gorgeous?

Another great Christmas!

1 comment:

rad6 said...

i love this post on many different levels... you are way behind like me, posting Christmas day on Jan 18th, actually I am a little more behind, but we wont talk about that.
I love love love your Christmas night tradition. Is it too late to start that one??? Oh wow... absolutely amazing. Want to do that.
I love traditions. I love how, no matter how lame they might think a tradition could be as a teenager, if it was started when they were young they will not only do it, but insist upon it! Really a great thing!
Love your post!
Happy January!
Ruth