Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Braxton's a star

Braxton is a star! OK, he's earned the rank of Star Scout. Steve and I are so proud of this "man-child" of ours. :) (That's what Steve calls him.) It's been a while since we've had a Court of Honor, so he received 6 merit badges and his Star patch. He should be coming up on Life in May. That means a project is right around the corner! One of the best things at this ceremony was during the pledge of allegiance, Emma was saying it with such gusto that everyone in the room had a difficult time staying focused on our own words. She was so excited to show us how she does the pledge of allegiance in her classroom. What a hoot! Her enthusiasm was catching. By the end, those of us able to speak and not keeping our laughter in check were adding volume and emphasis to our words.
The Proud Parents

I love the scouting program. I love what it did for my brothers. I love how it encourages our boys to grow, set goals, and be involved. I love the sacrifice that our scout leaders make to help our boys succeed. I also love that I only have 3 boys to get through to eagle--and not five.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Way to go, Braxton!

Marie said...

He is my twinkly star, up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky. That's my Braxton.