Thursday, March 10, 2011

Still winter, but...

We had the most gorgeous and amazing winter phenomenon happen last week. After raining, the rain froze on the trees over night. We woke up to the trees glistening like they had Christmas lights on them. Lizzie and her preschool friend were arguing whether or not they were white lights on the trees. It was ice droplets! I know it's hard to see in the picture. I had a hard time capturing it. Driving down the streets was breathtaking as the trees glistened and sparkled. In Elko, where I grew up, we had what's known as poganip--an Indian word for ice that forms around all the branches. This is the closest thing I've seen to it. By 4:00 in the afternoon, the ice had melted off the trees, but it was one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen. It was my tender mercy for the day.

No comments: