Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pillow Project



I have known what I was going to get my mother-in-law for mother's day for weeks. However, I couldn't also give it to my own mom. It wouldn't hold the same meaning for her. So, as I humbled myself and asked Steve for help, he said that I should do something to decorate her new condo. That was it! I immediately knew that I would be making pillows for her bed. While at Gardner Village in Utah, we saw on nearly every bed in every store a pillow with flowers on it. I decided to make my mom one of these giant flower pillows. After looking online at different tutorials, I got more ideas and decided to make 3 different pillows. Each has a different type of flower that we saw together. The one on the left is obviously the giant flower pillow, the one in the middle is to add some color to her neutral-toned condo and has the flowers that we saw people making with humanitarian kits at women's conference, and the one on the right has 9 or 10 roses along a ruffle that we also saw as an idea for hair clips. I am quite proud of myself for completing these and am excited for her to have them. My kids were also bursting with pride and want to make one for my bed this summer. Sounds good to me! Happy Belated Mother's Day, Mom!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

So, so cute!!! I've had my eye on making some flower pillows...I think I'm going to have to make this one of my summer projects!

Jenny Smith said...

These turned out so cute!

Amy said...

SUPER CUTE! What a great idea!