Boston, Massachusetts!
I decided to add this stop in because it wasn't too far away from my brother's, he said it was his favorite city EVER, and I have no idea if I'll ever get the chance again to see it. Of course, we picked a day Boston was hosting a "Walk for the Cure" event for breast cancer. Nice. Everyone was wearing pink. There were also quite a few t-shirts sporting the phrase, "I Love my Boobies." My blushing boys made me laugh. (Actually, the word "boobies" makes me laugh and blush, too.)
Make Way for Ducklings!
The swan boats! My only regret from the whole trip is not going on one of these. I think the kids would have enjoyed it as something to DO and not just SEE.
"Well, let me tell you 'bout a man named Charlie..." Steve's dad loves the Kingston Trio and Steve can sing many of their songs word for word. One, in particular, is "Charlie on the MTA" about a man who got on the MTA in Boston and never returned. This sign above the train station says, "Charlie's Here!" We had to take this picture in honor of Steve's dad.
Walking the Freedom Trail!
We saw many founding fathers' graves. This one is Samuel Adams.
Site of the Boston Massacre! I can't believe we were really there!
Paul Revere
Below is a view of the church where the candle was lit to notify Paul Revere that it was time to ride.
We actually went inside the church and heard their report about their significance. So interesting!
This church is in Little Italy and Matt told us to grab lunch here, so we obeyed. I loved how Italian signs and flags were strung across the streets, Italian music was playing in nearly every shop/restaurant, and I could hear Italian being spoken all around me. Our family restaurant was delicioso! Across from us was a group of older Italian couples who, in their Italian accents, told us how they loved seeing our large family (one actually had 3 boys and 2 girls like us) and we were doing a good job raising them. A men tried training the boys on how to shake hands like a man, strong and firm. The women ooohed and aaaahed over the girls' blonde hair. :) So fun! We also headed over to Harvard & ate ice cream at their famous J. P. Licks. Mmmm!
We got to have another "temple touch" at the Boston Temple!
| These moments are what I live for! |
Lexington provided us with Sleepy Hollow
and Battle grounds for the Battle at Lexington. It wasn't Gettysburg, but there was definitely a reverence to the grounds and peace. I loved this place!
What a neat opportunity to see firsthand these locations that many of us only read about in our history books!




1 comment:
I'm so jealous just looking at your pictures of Boston. You saw some of my favorite things. I'm glad that you guys had such a great trip.
Post a Comment