Friday, May 29, 2009

Fine Arts Festival

Braxton sings in the Kendall Elentary chorus and plays the cello in the orchestra. Every year, theschools in our district get together for combined choirs, bands, and orchestras to put on a concerts throughout the day. They also have artwork lining the hallways at our high school. It's unbelievable! I am so impressed with the music education my kids get here. I'm also proud of Braxton for learning to play this beautiful instrument. It's been lovely hearing him practice (when he's tuned up). I'm going to miss it next year.

In this video, the orchestra is made up of 5th graders from different elementaries as well as a handful of high school students, who really add a beautiful sound with their long, fluid strokes. I couldn't get a good angle so that you can see Braxton, but he is in the center to the tall, blonde boy's left. You can see his arm and bow moving. Enjoy the sound!

1 comment:

The Nisbets said...

That is wonderful! Amazing, really. Scott plays violin and does very well, but the strings group here doesn't sound as good as that. (Of course, there are not nearly as many of them here....) Anyway! Great job, Braxton!