Emma's last 2 weeks of preschool were packed with fun. They had their program, which I've already posted her cute singing, Field Day, Parents Day (pictured above), Beach Day, and the last day (pictured below). She had a darling class and has made some great friends (with darling moms). Both of us loved her teacher, Mrs. Engle. I really believe that some of the tender mercies I've noticed in my life this year are the teachers my children have been given. Mrs. Engle was exactly what Emma needed. Emma has some interesting articulation that has been worrying me. When I approached her teacher about it, she informed me that she was the school's Speech Language Pathologist! I knew she had worked in the field before, but didn't realize her experience and that she was hired by the school for this skill. After a screening, she didn't think Emma would qualify for services, but sent me home with lots of ideas and games to play to help her improve her speech. She monitored her in the classroom and would keep me up on the progress she was noting. What a blessing! Emma can now say her /k/ and /g/ sounds in regular conversation! We're still working on /r/ and /l/, but that's typical for her age. I am going to miss preschool. Emma thrives on the social interaction, and I loved having some 1-on-1 time with Lizzie. Oh, well. It's a new chapter! Here we go, summer!
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment