FUTBOL!
GOAL!
Spring soccer was only 6 weeks long this year. It went by extremely fast, but all three boys had a great time. Braxton was on a very talented team, which won every game. Unfortunately, I have no pictures because I was usually at one of the other boys' games with the rest of the kids. Sorry, buddy. Evan's team has been together for 6 seasons, I think. Some of the boys did football during the fall with Evan, but many came back for soccer. They didn't win every game, but they played well. It's really fun as a parent to see the boys' knowledge and skill levels improve as they play as a team instead of a pack following the ball. Evan enjoys playing goalie, probably because he loves to see his mom sweat! I am a nervous wreck the entire time, but he does a decent job. He doesn't have a perfect record, but has made some terrific saves and finished the season with a great goal at the last game!
This is Evan throwing the ball after catching the near-goal. He surprised himself how far he could throw it. He also discovered that he has more control throwing it than kicking it.
The line-up for sportsmanship slaps.
Carter, Carter, Carter. This is a perfect shot of how Carter plays the game of soccer. He is the most aggressive kid on the field...not that there's anything wrong with that.!? Steve was repeatedly telling Carter to "play the ball, not the man." Kids were constantly getting hurt and falling down whenever they got near him. Now, he claims he can't help it if he's faster, stronger, and if those kids get in his way. He's just going for the ball. Needless to say, he is a very exciting player to watch because he runs at 100% the entire time. We also love his coach. Coach Bella at practice offers the kids quarters for different competitions: who can kick the ball the farthest, make the most goals, etc. Carter loved adding to his piggy bank. :) I'm so glad that he loves soccer! I look forward to the seasons he has ahead of him.
This next picture seems out of place, but one can imagine the time my girls spend in the car taxiing their brothers around town. As we were headed over to Evan's game after dropping off Evan for his warm-up and then Carter, I heard, "Lizzie, leave your shirt on." When I turned around, this is what I saw. I guess she was trying to break up the monotony by being creative with her time. Pure genius!:)

1 comment:
Lizzie's picture is irresistible. I am about ready to jump in the car, come over and give her a big hug, she is sooo cute.
Post a Comment