Wednesday, May 6, 2009

School Projects


I love the Spring, but it seems to be accompanied by numerous school projects. I know these projects are for the kids, but, let's face it, it's also a competition for the parents to see if we've still got what it takes to get an A. I have helped Evan create an albatross equipped with wings that support themselves in flying position & a doll dressed in garb from a country an ancestor came from. Isn't Evan cute in leederhosen? Braxton has done classifications of clouds, an Abe Lincoln doll, and posters of Krakatoa Island and the Causes of the Civil War. Phew! I do have to admit the Civil War night put on by the 5th graders at Kendall was really nice. The students sang quite a few songs from the time period and ended with "I'm Proud to be an American." Yes, I got choked up. Braxton is 6th from the right on the top row. I wish you could see his face. He's SO animated! I have NO idea where he gets that!

No comments: