Mother's Day is one of my top 3 favorite days of the whole year. How could I not like a day when everyone is focused on making me happy?!:) I just have to brag about my great kids and husband.
#1:They let me sleep in this morning.
#2:I didn't have to change Lizzie's first diaper of the day.
#3: When I came down the stairs, I was sent on numerous treasure hunts in order to find my gifts, which were handwritten poems.
#4: Check out my breakfast!
Now, last night, Steve won 1st place in our ward's annual Men's Gourmet Dinner for best appetizer. He made 4 different kinds of sliders (mini-hamburgers) and knocked everyone's socks off. I guess he was still in the gourmet chef mode because my omelet was outstanding.
#5: My kids sang to me at church. Carter even pointed to me during the final line of "I Often Go Walking"..."I learned how to love them, dear mother, from YOU" which made the song very personal.:) A good friend of mine, Chris Stradling, gave a beautiful talk on women that should be published in a small pamphlet. It was very moving. Also, during primary, we mom's were blessed to be good in the opening prayer. Too sweet!
#6: I got a nap and cuddled with Lizzie and Emma during story time.
#7: Steve went all out for dinner tonight with filet mignon, a caprese salad, zucchini, and bread.
#8: What's a day to celebrate women unless there's chocolate involved?! I made Reese's chewy chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips with my girls. Mmmm!
#9: We got to skype and tell our moms how much we love them. I am so blessed to have a marvelous mother who is my greatest cheerleader, most compassionate ear, and a marvelous friend. I am also blessed to have a wonderful mother-in-law, who is my example for latter-day service. Thanks for your influence of strength, tenderness, and love.
#10: We played games at the table--my new favorite Sunday activity. As hard as it is for me to watch my kids change from babies to kids with feet bigger than mine, I love getting to enjoy their fun personalities and playing with them in new and different ways. I legitimately lose--not even on purpose anymore. I am surprisingly OK with it. :) I must be getting older.
I have to end with the poems I received. They were so sweet. I love having boys that know how to give a compliment! They are going to make fine husbands one day--if they can remember to put the toilet seats down and put their dirty clothes in the basket!:)
From Carter (an acrostic poem using his own spelling--interpret as you will)
Kisses
Out of this world
Rights good
Incrediboll
Buttifull
Inspiring
Reads good
Did a good job at picking a husband
Aluman (obviously his spelling w/o dad's help)
Lovely
Useful
Master of the Birds
Awesome
Nice + infinity
--------------------------------------------------
This acrostic poem is "from your helpful, first, trustful, nice son, Braxton Christopher Bird"
Makes wonderful food
On time
Teaches me things
Happy
Excellent with help
Really pretty
___________________________________
This is from Evan
Mothers are beautiful, kind, and good,
Mothers are loving you, just as they should,
I hear something, all the children say,
"Have a happy Mother's Day!"
2 comments:
So, is "buttiful" kind of like booty-licious? Just kidding - I think you are a beautiful master of the Birds as well.
Very Sweet! I had no idea Steve was a gourmet chef...How lucky for you!
Post a Comment