Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011: Part 3-Grand Canyon

"For the Beauty of the Earth..."
The Grand Canyon was superb! We only spent a little while there since we'd come directly off our boat and were still traveling on to Kingman, AZ that night. I'm so glad we took this detour. I hope it gives the kids perspective when they see it in books and magazines. It has been something I have always wanted to see, and it didn't fail to impress.

Lizzie took advantage of the terrific scenery and posed for a picture.
(Honestly, she doesn't really care what's behind her. She can find any excuse to pose for a photograph, but I think she felt extra special when she posed THIS time.)

SISTERS
The California Condors came out to show off their abilities. The boys were going nuts watching them swoop up by us and soar around.


My "Grand" family

We saw 2 elk while at the National Park. This one was literally 5 feet away from us as we drove by. Steve also almost hit a deer as we drove to my brother's home, but swerved enough to avoid it. SCARY! It definitely woke him up!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: