We have some tremendous friends who live outside of Denver, Colorado. They let us crash at their house at the start and the end of our trip. The Dean family has 6 kids, so adding another 5 makes it a little more crazy, but a ton of fun! Steve met James Dean as he was running a dry cleaning business in West Jordan, UT. Steve was so impressed with his customer service, that he got to know him better and eventually hired him for Care Rehab. Years have passed, jobs have adjusted, but their friendship still remains strong. We got to spend spring break with them one year and were so thrilled with how well our families got along, we tried it again. :)
We all went to support MD, who sings in a children's choir and was performing at a nearby town's Children's Festival.
We all went to support MD, who sings in a children's choir and was performing at a nearby town's Children's Festival.
MD (last on the right) is gorgeous and has a beautiful singing voice!
This is Lizzie watching the show.
Like the pose? I guess she was born with "it."
Evan and JD(to his left) were called up for an air guitar (and drums) contest.
They called up more kids to join them in a fun dance. Notice who is front and center?
(Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to have shy kids.) They are stage hogs!
(Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to have shy kids.) They are stage hogs!
Following the show, we spent the last half of the day at WATERWORLD USA! No pictures. Sorry! I was busy going on rides and keeping up with the kids. We were worn out and feeling good as our vacation came to an end. The next day was same as the first, driving, driving driving, and driving some more.
All of the kids have said that their favorite part of summer was our family vacation, so I'd say we were successful in making memories and bringing each other closer together! Whew!
All of the kids have said that their favorite part of summer was our family vacation, so I'd say we were successful in making memories and bringing each other closer together! Whew!

1 comment:
Sheesh!!! What a whirlwind of a family trip. You sure packed a lot in, but then again that doesn't surprise me at all. Looks like you all had a great time. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Next time you're in UT let me know so we can get together. So sad summer is now over. Good luck with the new school year.
Post a Comment